Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Three weeks ago I got a new job. Better hours, amazing people, closer to home and did I mention better hours? Well I haven't been this happy in a long time. What better way to celebrate a good mood than cookies?

I know, I'm just dripping with unicorns and rainbows these days but I just can't help it.

And because I like you, here is the recipe.

Tried & True Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

(I replaced the raisins with chocolate chips. Whatever, I do what I want)

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
2 cups raisins
OR
12 oz package of chocolate chips

Combine first five ingredients in bowl; set aside. Beat butter and sugars in a bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture until blended. Gradually add oats and raisins. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees F, 10-12 minutes. Cook on racks
Makes 4 1/2 dozen.

11 comments:

Koko said...

mmm .. proudly:)

Dee said...

Wow! These cookies look delicious. I may just have to try your recipe. I love your blog. Visit me at beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com. I'm about to add a new recipe.

Loading-Stuff said...

Yum sounds good! I love your blog title. Please come to my blog plumpuppy.blogspot.com

Jeannie said...

Oh these cookies look delicious!

Ferrum said...

yummii!! that seems deliciouss!!
Please visit me at shapeurexperience.blogspot.com! and share with us your passion about cooking! :)

Rita said...

i want to eat this. Please

Monica said...

wow! delicious

Lady Laura's Dolls said...

Good blog. those cookies sound delicious!

Johanna said...

Those cookies look yummy :PP I have to try this recipe.

Shannon said...

Wow yummy!

Balika Vadhu said...

Nice Blog...